We are Merz Pharma UK Limited (CRN: 04703428) of Ground Floor Suite B Breakspear Park, Breakspear Way, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England, HP2 4TZ.
This Privacy Notice applies whenever you provide us with your personal data, including via our websites (the “Sites”):
We have appointed a data protection officer who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our data protection officer by email at dataprotectionUK@merz.com.
“Personal Data” is data that identifies you as an individual whether directly or indirectly. We collect Personal Data in various ways on our Sites, including through registrations, applications, surveys, in connection with your inquiries, and automatically when you browse our Sites.
We may request basic Personal Data when you use a Site; if you are a Healthcare Professionals (“HCP”), we may request additional Personal Data.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We collect information about how you use our Sites to make sure they function correctly.
We may collect and use your name, profession, email address, postcode and any other information requested in the registration form to fulfil your requests when we have a contractual relationship or a legitimate interest.
Site functionality and fulfilling your requests includes:
- To provide customer service to you.
- To respond to your enquiries, fulfil your requests and complete your transactions.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies, as well as marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- To attend a digital event such as a webinar.
We may collect and use your name, email address, phone number, clinic contact information and professional qualifications to provide personalised services when we have your consent or a legitimate interest in providing you with information of interest to you.
Personalised services include:
- To better understand you and personalise our interactions with you.
- To analyse or predict our users’ preferences to identify aggregated trend reports on how Merz digital content is used.
- To analyse or predict your preferences to improve our interactions with you, i.e., to deliver you the content, products and offers (via our Site, emails or digital tools) that we believe will be relevant to your professional interests.
We may collect and use your name, email address, phone number, profession, professional registration number, clinic name and address, and any other information requested in the registration form when we engage with you as a HCP when we have a contractual relationship or a legitimate interest.
Engaging with you as a health care professional includes:
- To verify your eligibility to access certain products, services and data that may be provided only to certain licensed HCPs.
- To interact with you based on your professional expertise and opinion by digital or other means.
- To involve you in programs/panels of healthcare professionals.
- To reach out to you for your professional expertise, for example, in the context of surveys relating to products or services.
- To collaborate with you on medical events, publications, or advisory meetings.
- To seek your views on products and services promoted by us, an affiliate or business partner for development and improvement purposes.
We may collect and use your name, email address, phone number, profession, professional registration number, clinic practice name and address, and any other information requested in the registration form to allow you to participate in special programs, activities, events, or promotions as part of our contractual relationship with you or where we have a legitimate interest.
- In these cases, we may use your Personal Data in additional ways disclosed as part of these special program, activities, events or promotions.
We may collect and use any of the Personal Data detailed in the sections above to operate our business to comply with our legal obligations and to meet our legitimate interests in maintaining our business.
Our business activities include:
- To conduct data analysis and audits.
- To identify usage trends in the use of our Sites and analyse the effectiveness of our communications.
- To detect, prevent and investigate fraud, including (cyber) security monitoring.
- To develop, enhance, improve or modify our products and services.
- To validate your ability to access or use certain products or services.
- To track and respond to concerns, including engaging in regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations related to adverse events, product complaints and patient safety.
- To operate and expand our business activities.
We may aggregate and anonymise the Personal Data that you and other Site users provide. If we do, we may use and disclose such aggregated data for any purpose. Aggregated data does not personally identify you or any other individual.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA
We disclose Personal Data as follows:
- To other Merz affiliate companies for the performance of the contract we enter into with them or you. For information about how Merz affiliate companies handle your Personal Data please see our Global General Data Protection Information Notice at: https://www.merz.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Merz-Fair-Information-Notice-2021.pdf
- To our third-party service providers, to provide services such as website hosting, data analysis (where we have received your consent to do so), information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services. We do this under our legitimate interests to ensure our services are within your reasonable expectations.
- To other companies with which we collaborate regarding products or services. These may include our co-promote partners for products that we jointly develop and/or market. We do this to perform our obligations under the contract we enter into with them or you.
- When you post data or materials on, chats, profile pages, blogs and other services we collect this under our legitimate interest to respond to your queries quickly and efficiently.
- To comply with applicable law and our regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations (which may include laws outside your country of residence), to respond to requests from public and government authorities (which may include authorities outside your country of residence), to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons.
- To prospective buyers of our business under our legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer.
WHERE IS YOUR DATA STORED?
- We will store the Personal Data we receive from you in the UK and Republic of Ireland but will share your Personal Data with third parties who support the running of our website, our training programmes and our webinars. These parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your Personal Data will involve a transfer of data outside of the EEA.
- Whenever we transfer your Personal Data outside of the UK or European Economic Area (EEA), we ensure it receives additional protection as required by law. To keep this Privacy Notice as short and easy to understand as possible, we have not set out the specific circumstances when each of these protection measures are used. You can contact us at dataprotectionUK@merz.com for the details as to how we protect specific transfer of your Personal Data.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA FOR?
- If you no longer wish to receive marketing communication from us you can let us know by contacting us at dataprotectionUK@merz.com.
This Privacy Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the data collection, use, disclosure or security practices, or other practices, of any third party, including any third party operating a service to which the Site links. The inclusion of a link within the Site does not imply our endorsement of the linked service.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS?
- You have various rights under data protection laws which you can exercise by contacting us. The easiest way to do this is by email at dataprotectionUK@merz.com.
- You have various other rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to:
- access your personal data (also known as a “subject access request”);
- correct incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you;
- ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you;
- ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data;
- ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party;
- object to how we are using your personal data; and
- withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your relevant supervisory authority, you can find which one applies to you here.
WHEN WILL WE CHANGE OUR PRIVACY NOTICE?
- Any changes we make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail or post.
- Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Notice.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
- Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice are welcomed and should be addressed to dataprotectionUK@merz.com.
This Privacy Notice was last updated in September 2023
M-MP-UKI-0168 Date of Preparation September 2023